Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Mystery

I have often joked over the past year I should find a font I like and make a ? and then frame it, because so many times the Dr's have said I am a mystery. I didn't follow the normal set of symptoms or lab findings with my Amyloidosis which made it more difficult to diagnose.

Well, yesterday I was told I was a mystery again. My response was "that Par". I have been having bad pain in all of my joints..well actually not joints, the very end of my bones towards the joints. My elbows, knees, shoulders, wrist, ankles, and my upper femurs. Luckily they don't all hurt at once. It migrates. I had a thorough examination by the PA and then the oncologist came and they told me they thought I had bursitis in all of my joints. I asked them why this would happen and they said I was a mystery. They ordered xrays of my femurs and pelvis because my left hip has taken over being my extremely painful spot from my back. Good news was the xrays looked good. They did recheck my Kappa light chains and I will have those results in a few days.

As we drove home, I felt good about the appointment even though I wasn't given much information. I just felt good. I am going to press forward with all the things I want to accomplish and not worry about the future anymore. I am making such good progress on writing my Dad's history and now I just need to scan in photos to go with it. My scanner doesn't work so I am hoping there will be a smokin' deal on an all in one soon. For now, I'll wait on scanning and begin on Mom's history. I am making progress on the support group for Amyloidosis in Utah. I had the opportunity to visit with some people who were in the waiting room yesterday. Their loved one was just getting ready for stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma. It was nice to visit with them and they expressed appreciation for my visit. We all need to know the incredibly hard thing can be accomplished and that someone lives through it.

I have had so many of you emailing and calling and expressing support. Thank you so much. Life is sweet even when it's hard because of wonderful people like you. We all need each other. Most inportantly, we all need the Savior who is there all of the time for us. I am so grateful for Him and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment