Friday, February 10, 2012

A year later

I was sitting here thinking of a year ago. I was in the hospital extremely ill and they said I had a "mystery illness". I was slowly dying in front of my family and physicians.

One year later I am here. I am not in the hospital but the funny thing is at my appointment with the bone marrow doctors, they said I am a "mystery". At least I am not dying.

I look back at all the many, many kindnesses, blessings, prayers, tender mercies and I am FINALLY at the point I can cay, I am thankful for this challenge. I am who I am today because of it. I know our Savior better. I know how strong my family is. I have learned more how to serve more Christlike from all of my friends and relatives and even some strangers. My testimony is stronger and I know I am a miracle. Where much is given, much is expected. Now to totally figure out all I need to do.

I have just completed my father's history. I am sure I will be updating it as thoughts come to me, but overall it's done. I am in the process of scanning in photos to the history. My dear older brother ordered me a printer and had it mailed to me. I continue to be very blessed. It is so fun to scan photos in. I will be scanning all of ancestral photos too. I have always loved my big brother but now, well words can't express my love and gratitude.

I have mostly completed my story of this past year so my life history is completed. I was glad I kept this blog, along with a few journal entries.

I am beginning my mother's history next.

What a great way to use energy. My energy level meets the task. I work on it little by little but I think of the scripture that says by small things the Lord brings about larger things. So it goes with us. It all fits in the baby step program. You don't worry about the future and what it may bring or what you could have had; you do your very best for the day looking forward to only tomorrow when you can complete what you didn't get done today. I don't think that's a fancy form of procrastination.

I continue to get such thoughtful phone calls, emails and cards. I acknowledge my great blessings. I especially am glad to be alive. Next week will be 7 months since my transplant and 5 months since I was in the hospital. I have a good life...miserable alot of days..but a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment