Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another Speed Bump

I thought I might as well get the information out there so it will be old news and I won't have to repeat it over and over. I am experiencing what I call another speed bump. I call them this because perhaps I am speeding along in life and not keeping myself in tune with what I should be doing.  Aren't we all a little guilty of not being as humble, or as sincere in our prayers if things are going along very well. In fact, sometimes we get ourselves so busy with "things" that we mix up our priorities a bit. This is my philosophy on why there are speed bumps in life. They slow us down and we have the opportunity to refocus and re-prioritize.

This past week I was informed that I probably have papillary thyroid carcinoma and that I should have my thyroid removed.  There is also the chance that it involves my parathyroid. Sooooo, I am getting to know more physicians, or making more new friends.  I think of it as an opportunity to make more physicians personally aware of Amyloidosis.  I certainly hope that this isn't the way that Heavenly Father has in mind for me getting the word out.

I will be having a consult with my surgeon mid August and surgery in September.  I will also be having my Amyloidosis blood work and urine test in September which will let us know the activity of the disease. September is going to be a big month for me.

I do get to spend time the first weekend with my family, all of the kids will be home so I will be filled with love to be ready for the rest of the month.

My husband is trying to get me to schedule  a trip to Hawaii in Feb. I realize that I have graduated a bit from the baby step program because I can think about things 2-3 months out, but I also realize I still have issues because I just can't get myself to schedule a trip to Hawaii in Feb. I really must be crazy. Most women would jump and have it all scheduled and planned.  The psyche is an interesting thing.

I feel slightly nervous about this next adventure. I would appreciate any of you adding an extra prayer in my behalf come September. I do still know that I am in the Lord's hands and He is in control. I'm just starting to rather enjoy life a bit now. It will certainly be interesting to see the "whole picture" someday and truly understand everything. Meanwhile, I will continue to search for the lessons to be learned. I will walk by faith.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update--I was hoping you could keep on that upward trajectory a little longer:P You're such a good example of finding the good in everything--another opportunity to educate more doctors, indeed! We'll keep you in our prayers, because WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete